Monday, September 1, 2008

been a looong, but great week

Since Brian Head Utah, I've been working all day and all night trying to catch up with work. In addition, I've been on shoots this week which is always fun. First it was the DNC concert and march. (Rage Against the Machine and Flobots), then we shot a series of acoustic performances for the band. Here's where it gets tricky...

I wanted to do a 50 mile race in South Dakota on Sunday, but we were shooting from 10A to 10p (or midnight) both Friday and Saturday and I would ned to leave by midnight to make the start of the race. Well, I left around 1 AM and flew through WY to barely show up for the start of the race. With all the fitness and miles from Brian Head, my body adapted and I had an incredible race. I ended up winning and setting a new course record by 17 minutes! The second place rider, (and last year's winner) David Olsen, had a great race and finished 8 minutes faster than last year. All in all, this was one of the best races I've ever done. The organization and overall great people involved make this event amazing. I was able to meet a bunch of great people, see some good friends from the ND cycling scene, and even take home a good amount of cash and Garmin GPS computer for my bike. It was well worth the 40 straight hours of no sleep.

Check out the write-up... http://www.bhpioneer.com/articles/2008/09/02/sports/northern_hills_sports/doc48bd5c35a77b6211550178.txt



One thing I have to plug-

During our shoot on Saturday, Rod, Aaron Johnson and myself jumped into the studio while the band took a break.

What came next was magic. We, Rod Richardson + His Po Boys, recorded a version of Bob Dylan's 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door' in record time - one take. Take a listen...

Rod 'Moonshine' Blackhurst on Vox and piano
Aaron 'Slow Hand' Johnson on the skins
Kelly 'Boxcar' Magelky on the six string





2 comments:

thek2 said...

sweet! I'm leaving in 2 weeks...

Mom said...

Congrats on the super race!!! You're the best. Love the music, too...one of my favorite songs.