Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's that time.

After a couple months of less riding, more desserts, and even more time with friends, I'm getting back into action. This is always a funny time of year for me. I look around and see people dreading the indoor trainer and making comments on how everyone else is starting their 'training' WAY too early. I actually do think that 6 hour slug fests in November may be a little too much, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

For me, I love training. I love having goals and I love feeling like I'm hand crafting my upcoming season. I understand that I won't have this motivation forever, but for now this is what I love to do and it's all part of the journey as my roommate and I frequently discuss. Well, it's December and I'm slowly getting into the routine again. Whether it's indoor or outdoor, it feels good to be back on the bike consistantly.

I have a feeling in the near future I will have some exciting news regarding a team for next year. I'll surely be writing a post with an announcement. Until then...

2 comments:

Ben Welnak said...

Kelly,

I'm right there with you. Over the last 3 summers, I've gone from not even riding mtn bikes to racing to now going for the 24 series. I'm one that goes with the flow and I find all my effort and motivation going towards biking. I make a point during the month of December to stay off the bike. Not only does it do wonders for recovery, it helps a lot mentally and allows ample time for the holidays - it just works - get house stuff done, bikes fixed up, etc. I'm with you on the training aspect too - I love to train and the whole process - the result is just the cherry - put yourself in the best position do your best and in the end it's a no lose/less pressure situation. Now, if I can just push it to get as fast as you :) I would like to get out this summer for some rides with you (perhaps Great Bonk like stuff without the 35 degrees and snow..ha!!!)
Keep on keepin on for now.

Ben Welnak

Mom said...

Thanks for the update. I'll make all your favorites for the holidays!
Be sure to give yourself a little slack for the sweets!!! Take care.