Sunday, August 8, 2010

The air up there

I called up my sizzling fast good friend, Jen Gersbach, (who also happens to know the Vail Valley inside and out) to order up an epic high country mountain bike ride. As she drove up to Keystone for the CO state championships, she offered a few good trails and 'off-the-top-of-my-head' directions for me to write down.



Josh and I headed up and had a great day in the high country of Colorado. Unfortunately, I guess my camera was jealous and in an act of aggression, deleted all of my photos so I wouldn't be able to share any visuals of our trip. Let me just say that sweet singletrack, good company, fresh air, and wild raspberries equals a heluva good time. These high altitude rides are great for fitness levels, which is great for me as the big races of my season are approaching.

I've thrown my hat in with the other riders who will ride the Maah Daah Hey trail in Medora, ND next weekend. While this isn't a race as much as a personal test, the idea is to see what sort of times can be posted over the 111-mile long haul. I've never done the whole trail so this should be a fun, epic adventure. I believe the goal of this ride is to raise awareness of this trail in hopes an official race will take place in the near future.

Plenty more racing coming up...

1 comment:

Mom said...

ND is waiting for you!
See you soon.