Thursday, January 20, 2011

Elbow Grease

As I cruise around the mountains on my newly built road bike, I realize that before we know it, Spring will be here - and that means mountain bike racing. I know that I can set some lofty goals each season, but I also realize that it's the foundation you build in the winter that an athlete stands on when it comes time to 'toe the line' during the summer. I've been fortunate enough to have a full-on network of support that helps me keep focused - including Kevin at the Athletic Improvement Center. I've been adding quite a few new routines to my off-season cross training and I think it's already paying off. These new workouts have been so hard and as my friend Jason puts it, 'People in the gym look at us weird because we just thrash ourselves!'

True.

As the new year begins and starts fresh - so do most teams. I'll have a new look to my jersey this season due to an incredible partnership with a team that I've always looked at as being solid. I still have the relationship with Trek, Bontrager and Ay-Up, but this new team will be a huge step in my hopes to have the strongest and funnest season yet... Although it's a few days away from being official, my motivation has already started.

km

2 comments:

Mom said...

Good luck Kel. I know the hard work you do while training always shines thru for you....as Hayley and Kayla would say..."YOU ROCK"!

Eszter said...

I'm officially going to declare it unfair that you announce that you have big news but won't tell us what the big news is.