Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Why not...

When asked if I wanted to go running instead of get on the trainer, I said yes. What I was actually saying yes to was a trail run, up and down Apex Park in Golden, at night, in several inches of snow, while temperatures hovered around 0 - 5 degrees F.

Gotta say, it was one of the funnest things I've done in a while. It is always good to break things up a bit and this run was a great way to do it. All in all, we ran 6 or 7 miles (which is crazy for me - because I don't run much!) and gained roughly 1800 feet in elevation.

Unfortunately, Josh informed me his toes were a little frostbitten, but other than that - all was good...


(Apex in warmer days...)

2 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds a little tougher than the days of cross-country training!

Mom said...

Have a great time in Hawaii!