Monday, April 25, 2011

They Do.

It's been a while since I've been really excited to drive to the airport and get on a plane. Don't get me wrong - I love traveling. However, most trips lately consisted of lugging multiple cameras, lighting setups, microphones, hard drives, etc - across numerous countries, leaving me with bruises on my back and dark circles under my eyes. So, a trip to LA to see some of the best friends anyone could ask for and be part of a wedding for two of them was a truly great treat.

My accommodations were provided by my good friend Nicki who happens to be the key hair stylist for a show on Adult Swim called, Children's Hospital. Couldn't be more proud to see her in her element - especially after her and I slung coffee together back in the day in Denver.

The weekend was a perfect and much needed escape. These days it's very rare that large groups of friends can gather and spend some concentrated time together.



Looking around at my cohorts this weekend humbled me. The good-hearted and talented people in this group reminded me of why I strive to be good at what I do. Needless to say, I'm honored to have been in the wedding of two people capable of bringing so much goodness onto one beach in Malibu.

Congrats Rod and Rachel.



1 comment:

Mom said...

Congrats to to the happy couple! I can only imagine how beautiful the wedding was. Hope you are doing well. One more day and we will be on the beach! Can't wait.