Sunday, June 3, 2012

Living to fight another day

And hopefully sooner than later. This year has been an up and down ride for me. Travel and work have been getting in the way of feeling like I have a consistent base of great fitness, but nothing compares to the last two weeks. I've been lucky to not have had any major injuries in my cycling career, sans some broken teeth and a bruised kidney. However, I've learned just how lucky I've been when I found myself struggling to walk from one end of the house to the other last week. I have some serious issues in my back right now that have caused more pain than I've felt before. Not really knowing what it is may be the worst part, although the preliminary diagnosis is somewhere between a pelvic rotation causing sciatica and a herniated disc. It's hard to believe that my big workout for the day has become stretching for 10 minutes. I would wish this on no one. Here's hoping for a quick recovery so I can get back to doing what I love outside. Until then, I'll be on velonews.com catching up on all the dirt.

3 comments:

karleecoffey said...

I'm sorry Kel. I feel your pain. I was out for 6 weeks this past fall with an hip injury that I feel stole a National title I was ranked to get...it is hard but also a very good reality check for people like us. You'll come back stronger.

Mom said...

Take care of yourself Kel. You'll be back on the bike and stronger than ever.....A mom knows!

Rev said...

I'm praying for your recovery everyday buddy! Hang tough bro, you're an inspiration to many people. I can't wait to see you at a race again soon!