Thursday, April 10, 2008

some thoughts from the desert weekend



I've never seen the desert this beautiful before. With an above average rainy season in the desert, there were flowers all over the place.



One reason Trek-VW is successful is that they have incredible staff. Like Shep. He got me dialed in and race ready on his own personal bike.



So, next time you're in Phoenix I highly recommend a visit to 2 restaurants:

LGO. www.lagrandeorangegrocery.com

A very perfect place for breakfast. So much so I went two mornings in a row.
(Saturday - yogurt, fruit, granola and an egg-white omelet with tomatoes and spinach)
(Sunday - yogurt, fruit, granola and their thin pancakes drizzled with honey - perfect pre race food)

PROS: the food is great, but so is the coffee
CONS: if you're not there first thing in the morning, parking is a stretch


Chelsea's Kitchen. www.chelseaskitchenaz.com

Not much beats being able to sit outside and enjoy dinner. I mean really enjoy it. Quiet, no wind and 72 degrees. Not to mention the great menu.
(swordfish tacos, rice and a side of mac and cheese)

PROS: I don't believe you can order anything bad here
CONS: bring your checkbook

Next up is race #1 in the Mountain States Cup held in Fruita, CO. As I look out the window right now, I see a ton of snow. We leave tomorrow and I hope it's nice over there . . .

Thanks for reading,

km

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thanks for the updates Kel. We are all excited about the year you have ahead of you with Trek! So you had another run-in with a cactus?! Good luck and know we are so proud of you!