Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Tour of the Front Range

My good friend, Jeff Carter, and I set out on a fun front range adventure this weekend. When you plan on riding with Jeff, you should plan on being out for a while... Every time I ride with him we end up on an epic adventure that could last all day. Jeff is very strong and consistent so I always have to make sure I'm not getting behind in calories and hydration. So with a coca cola stop scheduled halfway through the ride, I knew I was going to enjoy the day.

One of the main reasons for our front range epic is that he's expecting a little one to enter the world in just a couple of days! As we made our way to the top of Mt. Falcon (the furthest point away from his car in Golden), he told me to 'be prepared for the time-trial of your life to get my car if Liz calls me and tells me she's in labor.'

Well, there was no need to bury myself back to the car - which was great because I already had my hands full with our current situation! In fact, we met up with Liz and another friend for a great lunch and I headed home to watch the Tour de France and take a nap... Good day for sure.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds like a good time. How are the legs? Any baby news...keep me posted. I also spent some time Sunday watching the Tour de France. It just amazes me to watch these riders with their speed and talent.

Mom said...

Winter Park this weekend? Good luck Kel..take care always