Monday, September 13, 2010

If only you could see lactic acid

This is pre-implosion. Congrats to Brad, Dave, Josh and Ben for riding great at the Five O.




In other news, Josh is in Guatemala and he's been documenting his journey thus far in his blog. I dropped him off at the airport and all he had was a backpack, passport and no idea when he was coming home. Enjoy the journey Tribeca... (my new nickname for the guy who tripods around corners he finds himself going into a little too fast...)

Also, Jonathan Davis from the Trek Store team finished third overall at the Vapor Trail 125. Again, the race is called, 'The Vapor Trail 125'... Need I say more?

Way to break through those dark moments my friend.

I've been racing a bunch lately and aside from a little bad luck, I'm feeling good and having a lot of fun. The Fall Classic was this last weekend and friends Dave and Kevin came down from South Dakota for it. We've developed somewhat of a routine, (if you can call doing something twice a routine) of hitting Denny's for a pre-race breakfast. Both times proved to be a successful endeavor for us. There's just something about wheat pancakes, eggs and coffee that make a person feel good...

With October approaching, my internal clock knows it's time for Moab. Not in the normal sense of a leisurely trip with friends to do some fall riding, but something more along the lines of one last race to say goodbye to the 2010 season and my 4th year as a pro. Moab is tough - mentally, physically and everything in between. Last year was a success and I hope to show up to the line just as prepared this year. I've always believed that, win or lose, the one thing you can do is make sure you've done what you could leading up to start.

2 comments:

Mom said...

You've had an amazing season. We are so proud of you! You are surrounded by great athletes like yourself...take care.

Mom said...

Congrats on your win in Sundance!
Moab is right around the corner.