Sunday, March 13, 2011

From the 'White Roads' to the Cobble Stones

After a couple weeks of working in the beautiful countries of Italy, Belgium and France, I'm back home and staring straight into the eyes of the fast approaching cycling season. With a new sponsor and new team for me, and some inspiration drawn from spending time with arguably the best bike racers in the world last week, I'm feeling ready and confident to start the season.

With our team's training camp kicking things off next weekend, I'll get to meet all my new teammates and get a chance to do a ton of mountain biking. I feel stronger than I ever have coming into a season and I have some lofty goals, but I'm also realistic. My other work could keep me on the road for a significant amount of time this summer and an injury is always a possibility, but I'll just take it day by day and enjoy the experience.

With the first major goal of the season to repeat at the Growler - all the way to my hopes of a great finish at 24 hour nationls in October, it's a long season and it's important to remember to have fun, win or not win.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Get ready, get set, ........
Good luck again this year. If all goes well, we will see you at the end of the month ( a bit of plan change for us....it'll work). Take care and God bless you!