Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The luckiest guy I know

Fresh off of jet setting, I've managed to find some time to sift through the few photos I snapped along the journey. First it was New York to see the girl.



Libby and I took a train North from NYC along the Hudson (a first for me) and found a sleepy town called Rhinecliff, which we deemed our retreat for 24 hours. After some great food, a comfy room, getting a little lost on a hike, and some small town exploration - we were on our way back to the city.





We were just in time to catch 'Dine in Brooklyn'. Now, if you've been to NY you know how good the food is. Libby has always had a knack for finding the best of the best restaurants whether it's in Santa Fe, Gainesville, or NYC. We took advantage of a Pre-Fixe dinner menu and had yet another great night.



Although I could have stayed for much longer - and really wanted to - it was time to get back to the grind. The schedule read, '1) shoot in San Diego; 2) shoot in Madison'. So off I went.

Trek utilizes a large amount of their resources to ensure they have their athletes on the best bikes in the world. I think you're pretty serious when you rent a wind tunnel for a couple days to test your athletes' aerodynamics on a bike.



In Madison, the global headquarters for Trek, I was treated to world class hospitality and I became a total nerd when invited into the race department. I have a new respect for my bikes and the people who build and work on them. When my bike passes through the same room as Lance's and the other top-notch pros, I tend to take some additional pride in my bike racing.




Now I love traveling, but as an athlete I feel a little anxiety when I think I won't be able to train. However, one of the perks at Trek is the fact they encourage you to go ride the trails they built nearby. I'm not one to pass that up...


1 comment:

Mom said...

LOVE THE UPDATE! THANKS!