Friday, May 7, 2010

The two best things about lunch at Trek...

1) The food

The cafeteria food at Trek is great. Even better is the price. Think Whole Foods, but about 1/5 the cost - literally. Every day I would get a huge bowl of fresh fruit and a massive salad. I'm talkin' every vegetable imaginable with turkey and chicken, etc. Like Whole Foods, you pay by the weight. Total would be somewhere around $3.50. (1.00 even for the bowl of fruit and about 2.50 for the salad)

2) The rides

I was fortunate enough to sneak out for a couple lunch rides with some good friends over the lunch 'break'. I would just grab food and eat at a desk after the ride - saving the traditional eating time for some riding time...

I owe a huge thanks to Chris Clinton form Bontrager (and new friends Jay, Sam, and Keller) for a ride and some sweet new tires!



I also owe a thanks to Michael Browne for getting me squared away with some bikes and nutrition needs. He deals with the real deal Trek World Racing Team, so for him to take time out and hook me up is much appreciated. I also got word that my lights were sent from Andy at Ay Up and will arrive in about a week!

And finally, my parents - as always - make my season easier by supporting my 'side career' of mountain bike racing. Their generous support always helps my travel, extra gear, and the hidden costs of racing through the season.

With such great people and support, I'm going to do whatever it takes to make sure I bring home some victories this year.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sounds like you had a good trip and good food! Always 100% with you thru your racing season. Take care.