Friday, December 31, 2010

Hello 2011

2010 has been a great year. I feel fortunate to be able to say that and I will work hard to be able to say the same thing about 2011 in a year.

I just got home from a trip to North Dakota where I spent some quality time with friends and family, including my parents, grandparents, and my 100-year old great grandmother. For me, it was a nice way to unwind after a month of traveling in sensory-overloading countries, (which was a crazy amount of fun!) Driving through the plains was exactly what I needed...



The next few months look to be filled with a lot of work and training. I just built up my new Trek Madone road bike and I'm excited to hit my favorite, yet steep and painful, rides around here.


(mine is a test model, which is completely white)

Speaking of painful, my winter training program has been going well and I'm seeing some pretty significant gains. It's crazy to say this, but I love how humbled I am by this program. Some of these workouts leave me sore for days, and some leave me nauseous for a few minutes! My good friend Jason Donald said it best; 'People look at you funny in the gym because you are absolutely thrashing yourself!'

As the new year begins, the racing schedules will be announced and I'll be able to plan out my 2011. I'm looking forward to making this the best year yet - and hopefully putting on a certain jersey I've been working toward for a while.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Mom said...

It was so good to see you and spend sometime together. We miss you already! Happy New Year and we will see you soon!!!