Saturday, December 11, 2010

A little pick-me-up

We are nearing the end. After 16 days, a few sicknesses, and 90 hours of footage later, we will be heading to Bogotá and then back to the States. I'm really hoping our overnight stop in Bogotá includes some quality time with our new friends from 10 Music - Laura, Felipe, Carlos, and Maria. A well-deserved celebration is in order...

A shout-out of sorts is in order for everyone on the crew, including the producers, ground team, Dave and Dax. Each of us had to hold one another up through some rough moments on this trip. Whether it was lack of sleep or being sick, all of us had our turn, but we were held up by one another.



I can safely say this trip was a success and I'm looking forward to getting home for the holidays before post-production begins on these Colombian episodes. The funny thing is that I'm sitting in another hotel lobby beside the Old City part of Cartegena (google image this place - 'Cartegana Old City' - truly unbelievable) and I'm hearing Christmas music and seeing a full-on celebration as the holiday approaches... but I'm in tropic weather and sweating through the days!

Colombia is beautiful - and so are its people. I'm lucky to have experienced this trip and I believe the episodes will show that.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sounds like a pretty good trip. I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.
Have a safe trip home.