Saturday, July 2, 2011

Vive le Tour!

Today marks the start of the Tour de France. Already fanatical about this event, my interest in the 3 week grand tour has only been pushed deeper by getting to know some of the good people riding in this great race. The following links are products of several trips to Europe, interviews with numerous teammates, shooting looong bike rides, and all-night editing sessions.

Driven by Passion: Jani Brajkovic

Driven by Yellow: Andy and Frank Schleck

There's also been some racing for me lately. (which is good - because that's what I do!) I've said it before, but I still feel I don't say it enough - the Wednesday night Summit Mountain Challenge races in Breckenridge are some of the best races I've done. The courses, competition, and most of all, people involved have made this series a standout. The Gold Run Rush (SMC #2) was re-routed due to record snow this season, but the climbs and course were still really hard, yet a ton of fun. I was able to pull it off - although Josh B (who's flyin' right now) was breathing down my neck, making me earn it!



July is looking to be a big month for my race schedule - which is great since I'll be heading out on a 2 week film shoot in August. I'm lining up for the Firecracker 50 (first time since '08) and then I'll toe the line for the Breckenridge 100. (first time ever) Following that will be my final build-up for nationals, including some fun, but brutal events in Park City, SD, and of course, Colorado.

Here's to Andy, Frank, Jani, and the other 195 riders in the Tour - good luck!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Great job! I'm also loving the Tour de France....you know who I'm cheering on! Congrats on the Firecracker 50. Stay safe.

gonzalesj said...

Where are the shoes? Nice job