Saturday, August 23, 2008

AMC: day 3

Today was another good learning day.

I had a great start and felt real strong in the beginning. I sat in 6th/7th for the majority of the race until (again) the last 10 miles. Today, however, I ate a lot of food on the bike and even had a little caffeine toward the end. I realized that I probably just need another year or two under my belt to be able to battle it out with these super fast guys...

Speaking of super fast, JB won again! And - it was another sprint to the line! After 3 hard days of mountain bike racing, Jeremiah holds a 6 second lead over JHK. Tomorrow's stage is said to be the hardest (I can't even imagine) and it will sort out the winner of the whole stage race.

My other teammate, Brian, is killing it and getting stronger every day. He keeps catching and passing me right at the end of the stages. It's sort of good for me as I can learn a lot from these guys here.

Well, tomorrow should be another hard day.

No comments: