Tuesday, August 26, 2008

the carnage and the glory



It's hard to believe it's over. One moment I feel like it was over in a flash, and another I feel like the prologue was a month ago. At times I felt it was never going to be over. (Like the start of stage 2 when my legs were in horrible condition. Then the start of stage 3 when my legs were in really horrible condition...)

It is truly amazing what the human body can do and I was pleasantly surprised when I got stronger as the days went on. I credit my teammates who are exceptional and professional athletes. They definitely showed me the way this weekend. The amount of talent and experience just staying in our cabin was incredible. Lea, Jenny and Rebecca were great, positive spirits while Brian and JB were inspirational and kept me fighting the whole weekend. Gregg was the perfect support as he did all the calculating and logistical planning, (not to mention keeping the bikes running perfect).





I never thought I'd say I was tired of eating, but at 5 AM, I got pretty close...



Thanks to all who helped all weekend and my parents for supporting. (morally and financially)

1 comment:

Mom said...

You actually got tired of eating?
Thanks to your super support group that kept you going.