Friday, August 1, 2008

you can't always get what you want



Even though I didn't have the race I wanted, I had a great time at the solo world championships last weekend. My parents came up to Canada and I was surrounded by some of my best friends for a week. How can you beat that?



Jen Gersbach absolutely killed it in her first solo 24 hour race . . . ever . . . by taking home 3rd place and a nice check.



Sammy and I had some tough luck. Some bad food tore Sammy up quite nicely right off the gun at the race, while the onslaught of rainstorms brought my early lead to a quick and quite painful end. I've got a lot to learn when it comes to riding over wet, slimy tree roots.

Having quite a few of my family members come to the race made it very special. What made it even more special was that some of my extended family surprised me the night before. It was key as my cousins, Ryan and Alexis, played huge roles in the success of our pit.

All in all, it was a great time and we spent it in a beautiful place.





My new good friends, Sammy and Bunny



A huge thank you to Nick, Bethany and Ryan. I'll never be able to thank you enough - I know you were tired . . .



And to Josh, my teammate, who loaned me his personal race bike and has relocated to Montana. Miss ya bro.



I will be back next year. And I'll be back to win it for everyone who has put so much time into helping me get there . . .



Mark my words . . .

4 comments:

Rod Blackhurst said...

please please tell me that you picked that shirt up

thek2 said...

words marked...

Yes, that shirt would make the trip much sweeter.

Mom said...

Nice shirt Kel....where did you get your keen sense of fashion?! Hope you have recovered. You have an amazing spirit and great heart! Take care.

Josh said...

Excellent shirt. My bike looks very clean too. I can't wait to see it on saturday.