Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's a good sign

I've struggled over the last few weeks in my post-Moab down time. If you (the reader of my ramblings) take training and racing to a scientific and analytical level - you may want to skip the rest of this paragraph... I couldn't wait to get back on my bike after nationals. As soon as my hands were healed enough to grab onto the handlebars, I was out on the trails doing what I love. I'm not one to burn out on riding my bike. It's always been a funny concept to me when people cringe at the thought of training. This isn't to say I don't have times where I'm tired, but I don't blame the bike. I just take a day and when I walk by the bikes in the basement, I always want to feel good enough to get back on - and usually can't wait until I'm rested. This happens to me during the season as well, and I'm sure I've entered a plethora of races where I was a little tired. Oh well. Needless to say, I'm back on the trails and feel right at home!

I just read this article written by a Boulder, CO friend, Judy Freeman. I'd say this is the shortest, most comprehensive explanation of what it's like to be a pro mountain biker today.

In other news, it looks like Music Voyager will be hitting the road in about a month. Although I can't confirm plans just yet, I can say that our producer of the show, Farook, has been traveling the world putting all of the puzzle pieces in place to make season 2 a good one. I also just found out the show is now airing in my home state of North Dakota.

We're staying busy over here at the Taxi II building - and that's a good sign for sure.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Last week we watched the India episode of Music Voyager and last night we watched the episode from Jamaica. Great job!